Brazen Studio and @kitanabladex have teamed up to bring you a limited edition 60% keyboard case, the Cloudsong60! Inspired by blue skies and fluffy clouds, the Cloudsong60 is hand crafted from Brazen's trademark engineered stone material.
The Cloudsong60 feels smooth and heavy like polished marble and when combined with the cork bottom (with special logo), it sounds exceptionally thocky!
The Cloudsong60 and matching pastel pink wrist rest will be available for purchase from April 2nd, 2022 12PM EDT by clicking the link below on or after this date. Quantities will be limited to 30 keyboards on a first come, first served basis.
(Buy button only active starting April 2nd, 2022 12PM EDT)
The Cloudsong60 is cast from a gypsum resin composite. Once the case is demolded and then sanded, it almost feels like marble- cold and smooth. It's heavy, impact resistant and sounds great!
The light delicate strokes of paint brush on the light blue keyboard case evokes a feeling of floating in lofty blue clouds. Combined with the delicate Sakura petals on the wrist rest, we wanted to evoke a warm, dreamy feeling.
The designs are painstakingly applied by hand before the casting process. This means the surface of the keyboard case and wrist rest have a lovely smooth feel and luxurious gloss finish. As the designs are not simply painted onto the surface, they will not scratch off.
Click the link for a sound test including with and without case foam or cork dampener
• Individually hand-crafted keyboard case and wrist rest- every single item passes through our hands
• 60% style case, should fit most GH60 style PCBs (e.g. DZ60)
• Tray mount with removable screw posts and stand offs (up to 6) and M2 screws
• Silicone O-ring dampeners
• Cork liner on the bottom of the case for grip and additional dampening
• Optional EVA case foam and/or cork case dampener
• Optional wrist rest
GROUP BUY ARRANGEMENTS:
• Date- April 2nd 2022, 12pm EDT
• Group Buy will happen in a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE BASIS
• Purchase will be through our website
• Visa, Master, Apple Pay, Google Pay
• Note that we have decided to not accept Paypal since they have been a nightmare to work with
• Quantity- 30 units (each keyboard or keyboard + wrist rest will count as one unit)
• Limit one set per person (one keyboard case, one wrist rest)
• Estimated shipping out date- June 2022 (allow additional 3 weeks for shipping)
• Case: $230 (worldwide shipping $50, Middle East $75)
• Case + wrist rest: $280 (worldwide shipping $70, Middle East $100)
• Optional EVA case foam: $10
• Optional cork case dampener with logo: $14
Customer will be responsible for all customs and duties for their country.
Case: 310x140x36mm, 1400g, front height 25mm, internal size 287x95mm (please check it fits your PCB)
Typing angle 6.5deg
Wrist rest: 310x75x23mm, 800g
There may be some small air bubbles on the surface due to the casting process. Due to the hand made nature of this product, no two pieces will be identical in terms of pattern. This product is sanded by hand and so the external dimensions and contours may vary slightly. It will never be as accurate as a CNC'd product, but that is part of the charm of something literally sculpted by hand!
Colors will be close to what you see in the photos (as far as one can tell from a phone or monitor).
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
The CloudSong60 is sealed with beeswax and is water resistant, but please wipe off any moisture straight away to avoid leaving a mark on the wax coating. Please also keep your Cheetos away! Clean with a damp cloth and if needed you can reapply some wax (you can use Vaseline), though this shouldn't be needed for a long while.
While strong and impact resistant, it will shatter if you drop it from a height onto a hard surface. It will scratch if impacted with something sharp, but minor scratches can be sanded out.
ABOUT BRAZEN STUDIO:
We are a product design studio based in Hong Kong, specializing in creating beautiful cast objects! We are currently focused on keyboards and also offer a line of coffee accessories (pretty sure there is a sizable overlap between these interests!). As we make everything inhouse, we have more direct control over quality and timeliness vs outsourcing the manufacturing.