Mason60- Zen Series
UPDATE- 28th of October 2023
Note that you've found the page for our 2022 Group Buy!
You are in luck- we've now added the Zen Series to our Always In Stock section.
Please purchase the in-stock product from the button below-
The Zen of Keyboard. We all know it. You're typing that essay or coding that program and you enter The Flow State- the world around you melts away, punctuated only by the clack, clack, clack of fingers on keys. Inspired by this Zen-like state of unfettered productivity, we created the Mason60- Zen Series 60% keyboard cases with a raw, stone look.
Our Mason60 designs up until now were created from a gypsum resin composite, that feels like polished marble. With the Zen Series we are using a different material, a cement resin composite. After casting, we acid etch the surface to reveal a rough stone texture.
The new Zen series comes in five striking but understated colorways- White Granite, Basalt Black, Sandstone, Terracotta, Slate Grey.
GROUP BUY CONCLUDED
The Zen Series is cast from a cement resin composite. It is a cast in a mold and then acid etched to reveal the mineral aggregates within. It looks and feels like real stone. It is very heavy (even heavier than previous gypsum based models) and sounds fantastic.
- White Granite
- Basalt Black
- Slate Grey
- Individually hand-crafted keyboard case
- 60% style case, should fit most GH60 style PCBs (e.g. DZ60)
- Tray mount with removable screw posts and stand offs (up to 6) and M2 screws
- Silicone O-ring dampeners
- Cork liner on the bottom of the case for grip and additional dampening
- Optional EVA case foam and/or cork case dampener
Optional matching wrist rest
- note that the wrist rest will have a slightly different finish to the board. We sand it instead of acid etching to obtain a smoother surface, so that it is more comfortable on the wrists. You can still see the stone texture, just not as prominently as on the keyboard case.
GROUP BUY ARRANGEMENTS:
- Start date- 22nd of June, 2022, 11AM EDT
- End date- 14th of July, 2022
- Group Buy will happen on a FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED BASIS
- Purchase will be through our website, www.brazenstudio.co
- Visa, Master, Apple Pay, Google Pay
- 50 units (case + wrist rest set will count as one unit)
- Estimated shipping out date- September 2022
- Case: $180
- Case + wrist rest: $220
- Optional EVA case foam: $10
- Optional cork case dampener with logo: $14
No Additional shipping charges for EVA case foam or cork case dampener.
*For shipping to US Armed Forces location, please contact us
Customer will be responsible for all customs and duties for their country.
Case: 310x140x36mm, 1650g, front height 26mm, internal size 286.5x95mm (***please check it fits your PCB***)
Typing angle 6.5deg
Wrist rest: 310x75x26mm, 800g
There may be some air bubbles on the surface due to the casting process- we think this adds to the "stone" look. This product is finished by hand and so the external dimensions and contours may vary slightly. It will never be as perfect as a CNC'd product, but that is part of the charm of something literally sculpted by hand!
Colors will be close to what you see in the photos (as far as one can tell from a phone or monitor).
CARE AND MAINTENANCE:
The Zen Series keyboard cases (cement resin) are acid etched and then sealed for stain resistance. They are completely waterproof. However, it is still advised to wipe off any liquids with a cloth to avoid staining. You can clean it with a damp cloth or for stubborn stains scrub it under running water with a toothbrush.
WHY WE CAN RUN GROUP BUYS SO FREQUENTLY:
Some people have asked how we can run new Group Buys so frequently (currently we run one every couple of months, each time with new designs). We understand this is somewhat out of the ordinary for the keyboard world. The reason we can do this is (1) we make everything in-house (2) because of our unique manufacturing process. Because we don't have to work with a factory half way across the world, we can prototype new colorways and designs in days rather than months. And with our unique materials and process, we can manufacture in small batches easily. This allows us to make more audacious and experimental designs, because we can sell 20 units if we wanted to (and we have!).
We want to leverage our unique capabilities to make exciting new designs and form factors for the community, released as often as we can.
ABOUT BRAZEN STUDIO:
We are a product design studio based in Hong Kong, specializing in creating beautiful cast objects. We are currently focused on keyboards and also offer a line of coffee accessories (pretty sure there is a sizable overlap between these interests!). As we make everything inhouse, we have more direct control over quality and timeliness vs outsourcing the manufacturing.